You Just got hired with HSS! Congrats on this new beginning! Follow these quick easy steps to make a great first impression!
- Say “YES” to new opportunities. You may be daunted on taking a new role that is not in your comfort zone but your willingness will show your ambitious and initiative.
- Establish goals. Work with your higher ups to determine a few goals within your first three months. This can be mastering protocols or completing projects.
- Solve problems. Take the matters in your own hands. If you encounter a little bump in the road do not go running to your supervisor. Show them that you overcome obstacles instead of them hindering your performance.
- Make connections. Step outside the box to get to know your coworkers but don’t stop there. Get to know everyone in your work community to establish a meaningful relationship.
- Speak your mind. Don’t cross boundaries of course but let any questions, comments, or concerns be known! Your voice and options matter so let’s hear them!!
- Manage your time. Know what projects or tasks must be done first. Prioritize the most important to meet deadlines of all sorts.
- Seek feedback. Ask your management how you’re doing. This will give you a clear perspective of what needs to be fixed and what is just right.