New Job With HSS: Success Tips
You Just got hired with HSS! Congrats on this new beginning! Follow these quick easy steps to make a great first impression!
- Say “YES” to new opportunities. You may be daunted on taking a new role that is not in your comfort zone but your willingness will show your ambitious and initiative.
- Establish goals. Work with your higher ups to determine a few goals within your first three months. This can be mastering protocols or completing projects.
- Solve problems. Take the matters in your own hands. If you encounter a little bump in the road do not go running to your supervisor. Show them that you overcome obstacles instead of them hindering your performance.
- Make connections. Step outside the box to get to know your coworkers but don’t stop there. Get to know everyone in your work community to establish a meaningful relationship.
- Speak your mind. Don’t cross boundaries of course but let any questions, comments, or concerns be known! Your voice and options matter so let’s hear them!!
- Manage your time. Know what projects or tasks must be done first. Prioritize the most important to meet deadlines of all sorts.
- Seek feedback. Ask your management how you’re doing. This will give you a clear perspective of what needs to be fixed and what is just right.
Staffing solutions, delivered to your inbox.
Housekeeping Week 2022
Housekeeping week is a celebration of all that is special about our industry. After all, hard-working housekeeping teams represent more than a clean room --…
Six Strategies to Attract and Retain Hotel Staff
Labor challenges have put a crunch on hotels. With occupancy rates on the rise across the U.S. - hotels need strategies to find and keep…
HSS Podcast: Pitfalls of Staffing and How to Avoid Them
In this lightning round episode, Karla and James hit on the pitfalls that you could face when outsourcing staff. Listen along as Karla and James…
Why Work in Hospitality
Hospitality Career Benefits to Employees at All Levels For those seeking work in an industry with a bright future, the hospitality industry is poised for…
Developing the HSS Team
Insights Into a Hotel Housekeeping Team HSS has always valued its team because we know that our clients are looking for more than just staff;…
Cleaning Logistics Centers and Warehouses During The Corona Crisis
Our teams are helping warehouses and logistics centers stay open and sanitized. We've teamed with a number of large corporate brands to enhance their surface…
11 results found