10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Hospitality Staffing Partner
Given the industry’s ongoing labor shortage, more and more staffing agencies are popping up. While this might mean more sources of workers for hospitality facilities, these agencies don’t necessarily have direct industry experience or a safety and compliance mindset. Instead, they are focused more on business opportunity versus consistency and longevity, and they are not investing in safety training among their staff.
If your hospitality business relies on staffing agencies to provide housekeeping, maintenance, landscaping, kitchen, front-of-house and other types of workers, here are a few questions to consider before choosing a vendor:
- What industries does the staffing vendor specialize in? How well do they know Hospitality and understand the industry’s unique safety concerns?
- Do they have experience recruiting workers for a wide range of Hospitality positions?
- How extensive is their recruitment process, including sourcing, selection, and screening (background checks, drug testing, etc.)?
- What is the safety record of your contract partner, or the staffing vendor in consideration?
- Do they provide safety and compliance training? How comprehensive and frequent is the training? Do they offer in-person and online training opportunities? In what languages?
- Does the staffing vendor stay up to date on all federal and state safety (OSHA) guidelines?
- How does the staffing vendor handle safety incidents when they arise?
- Does the agency take into consideration the safety of your permanent staff and guests?
- What kind of liability protection do they offer?
- What kind of risk mitigation policies, protocols, and management team do they have in place?
As in all things in life, choose carefully. Ask the right questions of any potential staffing partner to ensure your hotel or property is well-served by fellow industry professionals.
Staffing solutions, delivered to your inbox.
Hospitality Staffing Solutions, LLC (HSS), the nation’s leading hospitality staffing and outsourced solutions provider, has appointed Kevin Murphy to take over leadership of the company…
By Julie Johnson and Lisa McHaffie, HSS Regional Development Business Managers We recently attended the 2023 Aimbridge Summit LIVE! in Las Vegas. It was a…
HSS has earned our reputation and stellar reviews for more than 30 years based primarily on our strength in recruiting and retaining professional guest room…
The State of Florida recently enacted a new law surrounding E-Verify requirements that goes into effect on July 1, 2023. And HSS is making sure…
Complete Solutions for Catering and Kitchen Services Tailored for Hotels and Resorts Atlanta (June 8, 2023) – Hospitality Staffing Solutions (HSS), a leading staffing…
Our Senior Vice President of National Operations, Jim White, reports from the Staffing Industry Analysts Executive Forum. He was part of a three-member HSS team…
112 results found