HSS is your source for great hotel houseman jobs
Working with major hotels across the nation.
Our teams provide hands-on assistance to job seekers nationwide.
As the only national hospitality staffing provider, we’re proud to deploy associates to over 1,000 hotels, resorts, and casinos in 90+ markets, in 37 states. Get in touch with us through our local branch network.
What does a hotel houseman do?
A hotel houseman is responsible for ensuring rooms and other areas of a hotel are kept clean every day.
Hotel houseman jobs usually entail making beds, replacing used towels with new ones, vacuuming carpets, and cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and ensuring new toiletries provided by the hotel are in their appropriate places.
Is Houseman the Right Job for You?
How Do you Get Hotel Houseman Jobs?
What Makes a Houseman Job Great?
Responsibility of Hotel Housemen
Hotel housemen carry out a series of cleaning functions when a guest leaves the hotel, such as changing bed sheets and polishing the furniture to keep them looking good for the use of another guest.
The houseman should also look out for items the guest may have left behind and take it to the lost and found desk where it will be returned to the owner.
The role of the houseman in the operation of a hotel also entails observing the condition of the room they are cleaning to be sure everything is clean and working properly.
Skills Needed for Hotel Housekeeping Jobs
- Answer requests from guests
- Load cart with supplies & move it to the required area
- Enter guest rooms by adhering to proper procedures
- Replace used amenities in guest rooms
- Provide clean linens & dispose of the dirty ones
- Fold linens, make beds, & ensure bathrooms are clean
- Check all room appliances to ensure they are in working condition
- Adjust furniture, desk items, & appliances when necessary
- Dust furnishings & walls & remove marks from them
- Carry out floor care duties in hallway & guest rooms
- Immediately report any safety hazards, injuries, maintenance problems, or accidents